Family Team News

Register for March for Babies at marchforbabies.org

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Why We Walk Wednesday: The Gachot Family

During the blizzards of 2010, my water broke when I was 21 weeks pregnant with our daughter, Addie. After being rushed to the hospital, I was told that I had premature ruptures and would need to remain there on bed rest until she was born. Three weeks later, I was rushed into an emergency C-section. 

Addie was born on February 20, 2010, at 24 weeks gestation. She weighed 1 pound, 7 ounces and was 11 inches long. 

She was on a ventilator for 26 days. She had good and bad days but was still unable to breathe on her own. On the morning of July 29, we made the decision to take her off the ventilator after five long, hard months of fighting. Addie died in our arms at 2:45 am. 

Addie’s little brother Hudson was born on March 30, 2012, at 36 weeks and 6 days. I can contribute his almost full term delivery to the help of my weekly progesterone (or 17P) injections. We just welcomed another son, Crosby Jacques Gachot to the family on April 24, 2015. Mom and baby are doing well!!

The Gachots are the 2015 March for Babies Ambassador Family for Greater Baltimore. Their "Walking for Addie" team will walk on May 9 at Hunt Valley Towne Centre in memory of Addie and in honor of her little brothers Hudson and Crosby!

No comments: