Family Team News

Register for March for Babies at marchforbabies.org

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Why We Walk Wednesday! Angels on Earth and in Heaven



This year, walking to raise money for the March of Dimes will be bittersweet for me. In previous years, it was a happy day where I got to remember how lucky I was that my now 4-year-old, Emily made it through the terrifying delivery at 26 weeks and overcoming her 86 days in the NICU. Now I am seeing the other side- the terrible side no mother should ever face in her life.




This year, we are also walking to remember our beautiful Anna, who was born on September 13 at 22 weeks -- too soon and too small to survive. Tom, Emily and I miss Anna everyday and wonder what she would be doing right now. We love her so much. Emily misses her little sister. We changed our team name to "Angels on Earth and in Heaven" to honor and remember both of our daughters.



We know the research developed by the March of Dimes was proven to save Emily's life. So, we continue to walk and support the March of Dimes so one day ALL babies will be born healthy and hope one day no mother has to feel the pain of loss.






No comments: