- Spending holidays in the NICU will give you ideas on how to brighten your Hanukkah, Christmas or New Year’s eve if your baby is still in the hospital.
- Toys glorious toys! will give you shopping ideas for children with special needs. Be sure to keep your child’s adjusted age in mind if she was born prematurely.
- Going to do a bit of traveling over the holidays? Prepare your child with special needs for the trip, to avoid hiccups that could turn into meltdowns.
- Is the thought of bringing your young child to a relative’s house for dinner giving you a sense of dread instead of excitement? These two posts may help: Bracing for the holidays and Holidays or :(. Learn tried and true tips from parents of kids with special needs.
- Visiting Santa is do-able for kids with special needs is a post that explains the options that exist for children with sensory challenges. Read on to locate a sensory special Santa in your area to take the angst out and put the joy into this visit.
We wish you a stress-free, calm, smooth holiday season. If you have any tips that have worked for you, please share them! You can find more posts on parenting a child with special needs, here.
Questions? Send them to AskUs@marchofdimes.org.