Healthy pregnant women need at least 2½ hours of exercise each week which is about 30 minutes each day. This may sound like a lot, but don’t worry. You don’t have to do it all at once. Instead, get moving by doing a few minutes of activity throughout your day.Here are some tips to help you reach your fitness goals:
- Park farther away in the parking lot when you visit stores or go grocery shopping.
- Set a timer on your phone to get up, stretch and walk around your house or office once every hour.
- If you are watching TV, take the time to stretch out your arms and legs.
- Walk and talk while you are on the phone, whether it be outside or around your house.
- When walking around the office, grocery store or parking lot, walk the long way instead of taking shortcuts.
- Plan fun outdoor weekend activities. Apple picking season is in full-swing – take a walk around the orchard while you pick some apples.
- Skip the elevator and take the stairs.
- Calling or emailing your co-worker at work? Get up and take a walk over to chat instead.
Read our article to understand why physical activity is good for most pregnant women and to learn which activities are safe.Tags: exercise, fitness, National Women's Health and Fitness Day, physical activity, Pregnancy