Family Team News

Register for March for Babies at

Friday, May 24, 2013

Summer Programs for Kids with Special Needs

Summer is just around the corner. If your child has an IFSP or an IEP and is receiving services for a developmental delay or a qualifying disability, it may be possible for services to continue throughout the summer months. This is called Extended School Year services or ESY.
ESY may include continued special education services or related services. It is sometimes possible for a child who does not have an IEP but rather a 504 plan to receive ESY, which is based on your child’s individual needs and your state's/district's regulations.
Read more in our News Moms Need blog.

No comments: