Family Team News

Register for March for Babies at marchforbabies.org

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Share Your Story

"I'll never stop marveling at what she's accomplished so far."

We're getting back to the school routine — getting the kids up a little earlier, going shopping for supplies, and finishing those chores we planned to do earlier in the summer. As the parent of a preemie, there is always a little extra apprehension in my mind as school starts. 

I wonder what the year will bring. And I don't mean who my daughter's teacher will be or which friends will be in her class. It's what latent prematurity-based issues might crop up this year. Like many preemie parents I feel like I'm waiting for the next shoe to drop. I know all parents can worry about new experiences for our children, but for us there can be a real foundation for worry. I'm not sure I'll ever get past this, but I do know I'll never stop marveling at what she's accomplished so far. To read more stories like mine, or to share your own, please check out shareyourstory.org.

- Jackie

Join us for World Prematurity Day by going to ttp://www.facebook.com/WorldPrematurityDay  share your story today!

No comments: